increase website traffic
Offer free, original, and quality content on your site. This is the most effective means for increasing traffic to a website; offering people something that they cannot obtain elsewhere, or at least, not to the level of quality that you are offering it. Ways in which to ensure that your content is of higher quality than competitors or is unique include:
- Creating content that is helpful and useful. Simply cobbling together information from another website will not generate traffic. You need to offer visitors the information they need to achieve a goal, solve a problem, be entertained, find out quality news or have a good laugh.
- Keep it fresh. For repeat visits, it is crucial to provide regular updates to the website, especially in frequently viewed zones. Add fresh content every few days if possible; at a minimum, weekly.
- To have a fully functioning and successful website, you need to make sure your tags are in place and your links are not broken. You also need to submit a sitemap.xml file to Google to have your website show up in Google’s search engines. There is a tool that inspects websites just in case you missed tags and links and it creates a free sitemap.xml file. It gives you results in minutes.
- Outsource article writing. If you hate the thought of generating content yourself, or your team is not writing-savvy, consider outsourcing this end of the task. Depending on the length, content, specialization and quality required, prices can start as low as US$5 per article. However, don’t neglect attempting to write your own work – who better than you knows your own business, hobby or club and can express precisely what needs to be said? Just sit down and start writing an article. You may be impressed when you’re done!
- Add video to your landing pages (VLP – Video Landing Page) that is informative and relevant to your site. Respected studies show that good video can improve conversions and page ranking more than most any other item you can add to your pages.
- Use landing pages for fast fulfillment of your PPC advertisement.
- Launch some contests. It’ll draw you instant traffic. You can Goggle search some free sponsor program and do such contest frequently.
Supplement your original content.
- Leverage available free content from sources with Creative Commons licenses that support your website message that readers will share.
- Find for-fee products that will allow you to fully use premium branded content that is legally allowed to be shared.
How to increase website traffic
Trying to get more backlinks on your website this may help to increase the traffic.
- Get a proofreader. Poor spelling and grammar reflect badly on the services and information being provided; avoid unwarranted negative judgments by getting the writing in order prior to publication online.
- Avoid content generators. While these were once the delight of a fledgling web industry, they are no longer useful. Putting your own team’s creativity online is what is useful.
- Never copy and paste from another website – Google, Yahoo, MSN and other search engines are too smart for this nowadays and will detect copied and unoriginal content, sending you to the bottom of the pile.
Improve your search engine ranking by focusing your content on keywords related to your topic. This is called search engine optimization and will help people find your website when they’re searching the Web. Make sure the keywords flow naturally with the text and when you are brainstorming for good words, ask around for words that come naturally to people of all ages when looking for your type of site. To help you understand better, realize that the keywords not only go into headings and page names but also into “meta tags”. “Meta tags” are the software code that website visitors do not see but search engines do. Finally, don’t overdo the keywords; over-stuffing keywords will result in a very low search ranking for your website. Also, be very careful not to place key text inside graphics; search engines cannot pick up graphics.
Get linked. This is a very important part of website management. Exchange links.Trading links with other websites that are closely related to the subject of your website can bring you more website traffic. These are two-way links because you must provide a link to them, too, and linking to low-quality websites can threaten the credibility of yours. Only link to sites that are dead on topic, and truly help your visitors.
- Instead of trading links, you could also trade banner ads, half page ads, classified ads, etc.
- Be sure to not be too excessive with your link exchanges and do not make this your entire link building method. Google webmaster guidelines specifically says to not engage in link schemes including: Excessive reciprocal links or excessive link exchanging (“Link to me and I’ll link to you.”)
Use social media. Post compelling content and you’ll soon build a loyal following. Follow and share with other users, who may reciprocate and follow you. Keeping up to date with social media and finding time to post can be tricky, but it’s well worth it. Let people talk and become part of a community and they’ll promote your content for you. This will save you a great deal of time, and they will share much further than via conventional strategies.
More info you can finde here: http://www.wikihow.com/Increase-Website-Traffic